Transcultural Nursing Society
47th Annual Conference
October 27-30, 2021
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Theme: Transcultural Nursing: Setting a Course in Turbulent Times
Now, more than ever, are transcultural nurses called upon to provide direction in the midst of the global pandemic. Record numbers are displaced due to war, climate change, food insecurity, and political unrest. Civil protest and unrest are occurring everywhere. The limitations of the global healthcare system have become apparent and never before has the influence social determinants been viewed as a priority. Transcultural nurses cannot address and resolve these challenges alone. It is imperative that we partner and collaborate transnationally and transdisciplinary to assure safe and effective culturally competent care in these challenging times. In 2021, transcultural nurses will join forces with other nursing organizations and healthcare networks to achieve the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (STGs).
- Explore partnerships and strategies that promote equitable, sustainable, and culturally sensitive health care actions to address current and future local and global health challenges.
- Identify novel educational and technological strategies to prepare qualified and culturally competent healthcare workers.
- Explore the influence of social determinants (environment, education, population density, ethnicity, culture, etc.) on the global health pandemic.
- Discuss how environmental, social, political and economic policies affect health outcomes.
- Apply transcultural theories and strategies to address current global health crises (displacement and migration).
Our hope is to be in-person in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town! More information on the hotel and reservations will be posted shortly!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN! ⇒