Transcultural Nursing Society Scholars Group
Criteria and Application Process
Purpose: The purpose of the Transcultural Scholars is to recognize persons who have demonstrated and documented exemplary scholarship by advancing transcultural nursing and health care research, education, practice and/or administration within regional, national, or global contexts.
Criteria for Nomination as a Transcultural Nursing Scholar:
- The Scholar nominee must be a current member of the Transcultural Nursing Society, with certification as a transcultural nurse strongly encouraged.
- The Scholar nominee must show documented evidence of the nine criteria listed on the Scholar Nomination Form.
- The completed Scholar Nomination Form and a letter of support from the primary sponsor to document and describe the manner in which the candidate meets the criteria. The primary sponsor must be a current Transcultural Nursing Scholar.
- The completed Scholar Nomination Form and a letter of support from a second scholar to address the manner in which the candidate meets the criteria. This person must also be a current Transcultural Nursing Scholar.
- A copy of the curriculum vitae of the nominee, focusing on contributions to the field of transcultural nursing.
- A fee of $50, payable to Transcultural Nursing Society, representing the first year of Scholar membership dues.
- With the exception of the fee, materials must be received via e-mail.
- Submit all documents by e-mail to the Transcultural Nursing Society at Staff@tcns.org.
- All materials must be submitted electronically and must be received by February 17, 2020.
Maintaining ongoing Status as a Transcultural Nursing Scholar
- To remain in good standing, Scholars pay a yearly fee of $50.00 in addition to their annual Transcultural Nursing Society, International dues.
- A grace period of up to one year will be granted for late dues, after which the individual will no longer be considered an active Scholar.
Notification and Induction
- New scholars will be notified on or before April 1, 2020.
- New scholars are encouraged but are not required to attend the induction ceremony at the Annual TCNS Conference and are responsible for all expenses associated with attending the conference.