Transcultural Nursing Society Scholars Group
Criteria and Application Process
Purpose: The purpose of the Transcultural Scholars is to recognize persons who have demonstrated and documented exemplary scholarship by advancing transcultural nursing and health care research, education, practice and/or administration within regional, national, or global contexts.
Criteria for Nomination as a Transcultural Nursing Scholar:
- The Scholar nominee must be a current member of the Transcultural Nursing Society, with certification as a transcultural nurse strongly encouraged.
- The Scholar nominee must show documented evidence of the nine criteria listed on the Scholar Nomination Form.
- The completed Scholar Nomination Form and a letter of support from the primary sponsor to document and describe the manner in which the candidate meets the criteria. The primary sponsor must be a current Transcultural Nursing Scholar.
- The completed Scholar Nomination Form and a letter of support from a second scholar to address the manner in which the candidate meets the criteria. This person must also be a current Transcultural Nursing Scholar.
- A copy of the curriculum vitae of the nominee, focusing on contributions to the field of transcultural nursing.
- A fee of $50, payable to Transcultural Nursing Society, representing the first year of Scholar membership dues.
- With the exception of the fee, materials must be received via e-mail.
- Submit all documents by e-mail to the Transcultural Nursing Society at Staff@tcns.org.
- All materials must be submitted electronically and must be received by the date provided by the chair of the committee.
Maintaining ongoing Status as a Transcultural Nursing Scholar
- To remain in good standing, Scholars pay a yearly fee of $50.00 in addition to their annual Transcultural Nursing Society, International dues.
- A grace period of up to one year will be granted for late dues, after which the individual will no longer be considered an active Scholar.
Notification and Induction
- New scholars will be notified on or before date provided by the chair of the committee.
- New scholars are encouraged but are not required to attend the induction ceremony at the Annual TCNS Conference and are responsible for all expenses associated with attending the conference
The Nominations Process is Closed for 2021! Thank you!