Ready to submit an abstract today?
Call for Abstracts Open Now!
49th Annual Conference of the Transcultural Nursing Society
October 11-14, 2023
Transcultural Nursing: Collaborating to Improve Global Health
- Discuss interdisciplinary transcultural collaborations to achieve culturally congruent health and well-being worldwide.
- Identify culturally competent strategies for improving global healthcare practice, education, research, and administration.
- Address sustainable development goals in matters of well-being and global health.
- Explore trends in national and international transcultural nursing education, research, administration, and practice.
This activity will be submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91).
Information for consideration:
- TCNS accepts non-research symposium presentations, evidence-based practice presentations, and research presentations.
- TCNS encourages and accepts submissions from multiple healthcare disciplines.
- TCNS encourages and accepts both qualitative and quantitative research submissions.
- TCNS encourages diversity of submission topics.
- TCNS encourages and accepts submissions from students, clinical practice, research, administration, and education.
- TCNS encourages a diversity of theories and theorists, frameworks, and models.
- Poster Presentations will be done in an electronic format, including an in-person overview on one assigned day.
- All presenters (poster and podium) must register for the conference and attend in person.
- Presenters must register to attend the conference by September 15, 2022 or they will be removed from the program. Registration fees are non-refundable after this date.
Abstract Submission Information:
- Abstracts must address the conference theme and objectives.
- Abstracts must be blinded.
- Abstracts must be submitted through the secure online system.
- Abstract must be limited to 300-500 words. References included in the body of the abstract only. No reference list should be included.
- Research and Quality Improvement(QI) Project presentations are required to have undergone an IRB review
- Research and other presentations of indigenous populations must have approval from the council/governing body of the indigenous communities. If it is research, then IRB approval from the author's institution is also required.
- Only submissions with completed research will be accepted for podium presentations. That is, if a submission to any category includes results of an investigation, only completed research will be accepted for a podium presentation. On the other hand, if the presentation falls within a category other than research, and does not include research, then there is no such requirement.
- Research-based presentations should use the introduction, methods, results, and discussion (IMRAD) structure.
- Posters may include pilot projects, ongoing research, preliminary analyses, literature reviews or other non-research projects.
- Abstracts should be submitted for new work, gold standard information, and/or an original idea, concept, an improvement or revision of an old idea/concept.
- Non-research symposium presentations may be submitted.
- Each abstract should include a section on significance or relevance to the development of transcultural knowledge.
- Abstract submission deadline is midnight Eastern Daylight Time on JUNE 1, 2023.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Abstract and Evaluation Criteria:
- To view evaluation criteria CLICK HERE to download
- Sample Research Abstract using the introduction, methods, results, and discussion IMRAD format Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion and you must include the significance to transcultural nursing- CLICK HERE