Purpose: The Request for Proposal to the TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office is to provide the TCNS membership with a formal process to submit ideas designed to provide the TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office with the requisite information to make an informed decision. The TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office encourages requests for proposals from its members.
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- Please complete all applicable fields on the Request for Proposal form before submitting.
- The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How should be addressed generally when writing the proposal. Please limit your responses to each item on the Request for Proposal form to 2-3 sentences.
- The TCNS Central Office provides day-to-day oversight and implementation of all Board of Trustee-approved projects.
- The Board of Trustees reviews all projects periodically and requests reports regarding the work of any task force or committee.
- Requests for TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office review will be acknowledged within 48 hours, excluding weekends/holidays. If the request can be addressed or has an ongoing Board Approval, the TCNS Central Office will respond accordingly.
- You will have an opportunity to submit further documentation related to your proposal after you receive your email confirmation from the TCNS Central Office.
- Requests for Proposal review by the TCNS Board of Trustees will be placed on the first available Board Agenda. The Board of Trustees meets at least once per quarter. You will be notified, by the TCNS Central Office, of the agenda where your request will be discussed.
- You may request to present information regarding your Request for Proposal at a TCNS Board of Trustees meeting. The TCNS Central Office will provide information regarding the meeting and the time of the presentation.
- Decisions of the Board of Trustees will be communicated to the requester, and all related information needed within one week of the Board Meeting where the request was reviewed. Official responses from the Board of Trustees come only from the President and/or TCNS Operations.
- The TCNS Board of Trustees will review requests and, if appropriate, appoint a committee, task force, or advisory committee representative of the membership.
- The Board of Trustees forms all official TCNS committees, task forces, and advisory groups. The Board is the sole decision-making entity for the Transcultural Nursing Society. If the Board of Trustees appoints a committee, task force, or advisory committee, the individual making the request will have the opportunity to serve with one or two appointees from the Board, membership, and two representatives from the TCNS Operations to facilitate the work of the group.
- Please DO NOT begin work on the proposal before review and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- All proposals are subject to the TCNS By-Laws, TCNS Handbook, and all applicable federal and state guidelines for 501c(3) non-profit organizations.
Ready to submit a proposal?
We look forward to hearing your suggestions!