Purpose: The purpose of the Request for Proposal to the TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office is to provide the TCNS membership with a formal process through which to submit ideas designed to provide the TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office with the requisite information in order to make an informed decision. The TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office encourages requests for proposal from its members.
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- Please complete all applicable fields on the Request for Proposal form before submitting.
- When writing the proposal, the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How should be addressed generally. Please limit your responses to each item on the Request for Proposal form to a maximum of 2-3 sentences.
- The TCNS Central Office provides day to day oversight and implementation of all Board of Trustee approved projects.
- The Board of Trustees reviews all projects periodically and requests reports regarding the work of any taskforce or committee.
- Requests for TCNS Board of Trustees/Central Office review will be acknowledged within 48 hours, excluding weekends/holidays. If the request can be addressed or currently has an ongoing Board Approval, the TCNS Central Office will respond accordingly.
- You will have an opportunity to submit further documentation related to your proposal after you receive your email confirmation from the TCNS Central Office.
- Requests for Proposal review by the TCNS Board of Trustees will be placed on the first available Board Agenda. The Board of Trustees meets at least once per quarter. You will be notified, by the TCNS Central Office, of the agenda where your request will be discussed.
- You may request to present information regarding your Request for Proposal at a TCNS Board of Trustees meeting. Information regarding the meeting and time of presentation will be provided by the TCNS Central Office.
- Decisions of the Board of Trustees will be communicated to the requester, and all related information needed, within one week of the Board Meeting where the request was reviewed. Official responses from the Board of Trustees comes from the President and/or TCNS Operations only.
- The TCClNS Board of Trustees will review requests and, if appropriate, appoint a committee, taskforce or advisory committee which is representative of the membership.
- The Board of Trustees forms all official TCNS committees, taskforces, and advisory groups. The Board is the sole decision making entity for the Transcultural Nursing Society. If a committee, taskforce or advisory committee is appointed by the Board of Trustees, the individual making the request will have the opportunity to serve with one or two appointees from the Board, membership and two representatives from the TCNS Operations to facilitate work of the group.
- Please DO NOT begin work on the proposal prior to review and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- All proposals are subject to the TCNS By-Laws, TCNS Handbook, and all applicable federal and state guidelines for 501c(3) non-profit organizations.