Basic Transcultural Nursing Criteria (Initial Certification Five Years)
- Hold a current, active, unrestricted RN license in a state or territory of the United States or the professional, legally recognized equivalent in another country.
- Hold a diploma, an associate, or BSN degree from a program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) if school is in the US; or legally recognized equivalent in another country.
- Currently employed in nursing, either full- or part-time, at the time of application.
- Completed at least one course (didactic and/or clinical) in cultural diversity and promotion of cultural competence for a minimum of 3 credits (or equivalent 42 Contact Hours).
- Completed 2400 hours of transcultural nursing practice as a registered nurse in an administrative, teaching, research, or clinical capacity, either full- or part-time during the five years prior to submitting your application.
Description of Practice
The CTN-B practices in diverse settings including primary care, acute care, community settings, rural/remote area nursing, and long-term care across the life span and is actively engaged in education (e.g. patient, staff, students, and colleagues), case management, clinical practice, consultation, research, and/or administration.
Basic Certification TCNS Member USD 325
Basic Certification TCNS Non-Member USD 450
To Complete the Secure Online Basic Certification Application (CTN-B) and Online Payment - Click on the Applicable Button!
BASIC CERTIFICATION APPLICATION/PAYMENT PROCESS:
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED TO COMPLETE THE BASIC CERTIFICATION ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION FORM CLICK CONTINUE ON THE CONFIRMATION PAGE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED YOU WILL BE DIRECTED HOW TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT PROCESS
- APPLICATIONS ARE NOT PROCESSED UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED
- You may also complete the form and mail into our offices!
QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO STAFF@TCNS.ORG