46th Annual Conference Announcement!
Virtual Online Format Delivered by Zoom!
Live Presentations and Recordings
(Recordings available until December 1, 2020)
ALL TIMES ARE BASED UPON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINALY FOR YOUR LOCAL TIME.
Each presentation is thirty minutes in length. There are five, thirty minute sessions in each concurrent breakout.
Sessions open the day indicated and recordings of each presentation are made available with links in you email address provided at registration.
Please note that the sessions list the presenters of the content. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants.
Panel Presentation - Wednesday, October 21, 2020 ~ 1:00 ~ 2:00 p.m. 2:00 ~ 2:15 p.m. Response & Discussion
Providing Culturally Congruent Health Care of COVID-19 in Diverse Populations in the U.S.: Norma Cuellar PhD, RN, FAAN ~ Martha Dawson DNP, RN, FACHE; Mary Joy Garcia-Dia DNP, RN, FAAN; Lillian Tom-Orme, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN; Eun Ok-Im PhD, MPH, RN, CNS, FAAN
2:30 ~ 3:00 p.m. Concurrent Session A ~ Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Presentation 1: How Value-Based Veteran Care Will Improve Satisfaction and Transform VA Health: Dr. Lisa Brannack, RN, DNP, FNP-BC, AGPCNP-BC, JD, MPH, MADR, Case Western Reserve University Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- Presentation 2: Microaggressions with Macro Impact: Decreasing and Addressing Microaggressions in the Workplace Through a Trauma-informed approach: Kyra C. Pappas MSN, RN Adjunct Prof in School of Nursing and Division of Social Science and Director of Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs at Warner Pacific University, Portland, OR
- Presentation 3: Children of Ethnic Minorities as Key Informants: Methodological, Ethical, and Cross-language Considerations: Rebecca E. Chatham, MSN, RN ; doctoral candidate; University of Tennessee Knoxville College of Nursing, Knoxville, TN.
- Presentation 4: The Fathering Culture of Urban African-American Fathers: Identification of Learning Needs: Debra Copeland, DNS, RN, CNE-University of Southern Mississippi
3:15 ~ 3:45 p.m. Concurrent Session B ~ Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Presentation 1: Independent Consensus on Five Themes: Effects of Undergraduate Cultural Immersion Experience on Practicing Nurses: Karen de la Cruz, PhD, CTN-A, FNP/AACNP
- Presentation 2: Barriers and Facilitators of Self-management in Older Adult Haitian Immigrants with Type 2 Diabetes: Cherlie Magny-Normilus, PhD, FNP-BC
- Presentation 3: The All of Us Research Program: Influencing Transcultural Research in Health Care: Norma G. Cuellar PhD., RN, FAAN
- Presentation 4: Leininger's Theory of Culture care Diversity and Universality and Ethnonursing Research Method: An Overview with a Historical Perspective and a View Toward the Future: Hiba Wehbe-Alamah, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, CTN-A, FAAN; Marilyn McFarland, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, CTN-A, University of Michigan-Flint
3:45 ~ End of Day 1 ~ Evaluations Completed Online