47th Annual Conference Presentations!
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Please note that the sessions list the presenters of the content. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants.
Panel Presentations - Saturday, October 30, 2021 ~ 8:30 ~ 9:30 p.m. 9:30 ~ 9:45 a.m. Response & Discussion
Panel Breakout 1– Journal of Transcultural Nursing Editor Panel: Topics of Priorities during a Time of Turbulence: Norma Cuellar PhD, RN, FAAN, Editor Journal of Transcultural Nursing; Senior Editors: Patti Ludwig-Beymer, Ph.D., R.N., CTN-A, NEA-BC, CPPS, FAAN; Rick Zoucha, PhD, APRN-BC, CTN-A; Associate Editors: Melanie Turk, PhD, MSN, RN; Reimund Serafica, Ph.D., MSN, APRN, PMHNP- BC, CNE; Julie Buser, RN, MS, B.A., PNP-BC, Ph.D.
Panel Breakout 2– The Transcultural Nursing Fulbright Experience: Martha B. Baird PhD, APRN/CNS-BC, CTN-A; Norma G. Cuellar PhD, RN, FAAN; Marty Douglas PhD, RN, FAAN; Jehad Omar Al-Halabi, PhD, RN; June Miller PhD, RN; Larry Purnell PhD, RN, FAAN
9:45 ~ 10:00 a.m. Break
10:00 ~ 10:45 a.m. Concurrent Session K ~ Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Breakout 1- Nursing Students’ Perceptions of Spiritual Well-Being, Academic Persistence and Academic Success: Mindy Kay Barna EdD, MSN, RN
- Breakout 2- The Tanzania Hemoglobin A1c project: A Case Study in Lessons Learned About Diabetes Management in Low-Resource Settings: Andrea Knopp, PhD, MPH, MSN, FNP-BC; Erika Sawin, PhD, RN, FNP-BC
- Breakout 3- Breakout 4- Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Adherence in Colombia: Self-Management Practices and Barriers to Treatment Adherence: Megan Lough, RN, BSN, Mayo Clinic
- Breakout 4- Effect of Simulation on Nursing Students’ Knowledge of Female Genital Cutting/Mutilation: Lora Wyss, APRN-CNS, Ph.D.
- Breakout 5- Medication Assisted Treatment, Stigma, and Structural Competence Across all Health Care Provider Training Programs at Rush University: A Social Justice, Anti-Stigma Curriculum: Adegoke Adetunji, PhD; Tanya R. Sorrell, PhD, PMHNP-BC; Adegoke Adetunji, PhD; Nia Lennan, BS; Konadu Fokuo, PhD
10:45 ~ 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 ~ 11:45 a.m. Concurrent Session L ~ Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Breakout 1- Creating a Global Experience During the Pandemic: LaNell Harrison, PhD, RN – Lubbock Christian University Department of Nursing, Lubbock, TX- Professor- Director of Graduate Nursing; Beverly Byers, EdD, RN, LMT, MTI- Lubbock Christian University Department of Nursing, Lubbock, TX- Professor; Paula Gannaway, MLS, MEd- Lubbock Christian University Department of Nursing, Lubbock, TX- Research Librarian
- Breakout 2- Sociocultural determinants of End-of-Life Care Planning: Zahra Rahemi, Ph.D., RN
- Breakout 3- Virtual Cultural Immersion Experiences and the Impact on Developing Cultural Competence Among Baccalaureate Nursing Students: Erin-Joy Bjorge DNP, MSN, RN, CNE, CO
- Breakout 4- Queer Revolution: Disrupting the Gender Binary and Heteronormativity in Nursing: Tyler Traister DNP, RN, MED-SURG-BC, NE-BC, CNE, OCN, CHPN, CTN-A, Assistant Professor University of Pittsburgh
- Breakout 5- Critically Examining Haitian Mental Health Patients’ Cultural & Spiritual Experiences Through the Use of Cultural Brokers.: Patricia Eliacin DNP, MSN, APRN-BC: Doctoral Research Project Graduated May 2018
11:45 ~ 12:00 p.m. Break
12:00 ~ 12:30 p.m. Closing Conference Presentation/End of Conference Evaluations Online
Please note that the program lists the presenters of the content only. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants. Thank you!
All meals and events are subject to current local health and safety guidelines due to COVID19