46th Annual Conference Announcement!
Virtual Online Format Delivered by Zoom!
Live Presentations and Recordings
(Recordings available until December 1, 2020)
ALL TIMES ARE BASED UPON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINALY FOR YOUR LOCAL TIME.
Each presentation is thirty minutes in length. There are five, thirty minute sessions in each concurrent breakout.
Sessions open the day indicated and recordings of each presentation are made available with links in you email address provided at registration.
Please note that the sessions list the presenters of the content. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants.
Journal of Transcultural Panel Presentation - Saturday, October 24, 2020 ~ 8:30 ~ 9:30 p.m. 9:30 ~ 9:45 a.m. Response & Discussion
Journal of Transcultural Nursing: Advice from the Editors: Best Practices for Publication: Norma G. Cuellar PhD, RN, FAAN (Editor in Chief and moderator); Patti Ludwig-Beymer, PhD, RN, CTN-A, NEA-BC, CPPS, FAAN (Senior Editor); Joanne T. Ehrmin, PhD, RN, CNS; Valerie S. Eschiti, PhD, RN, CHTP, AHN-BC, CTN-A ; Elizabeth A. Fitzgerald, EdD, APRN-CNS, PMHCNS-BC, CTN-B, CTEFL; Dorthe Nielsen, RN, MHS, PhD University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark; Reimund Serafica, PhD, RN School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada; Melanie T. Turk, PhD, MSN, RN Duquesne University School of Nursing Pittsburgh, PA; Rick Zoucha, PhD, APRN-BC, CTN-A, FAAN Duquesne University
10:00 ~ 10:30 a.m. Concurrent Session K ~ Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Presentation 1: “Building Bridges: Advancing Cross Cultural Nursing Education and Exchange Through Virtual Communities of Practice”: Claudia Mitchell, PhD, MSN, RN, Assistant Provost American College of Education; Wayne Centrone, MD, MPH, Executive Director Health Bridges International; Bette Bogdan, PhD, RN, Chair of Nursing, American College of Education; Leslie Welch, PhD, RN, Instructional Faculty, American College of Education
- Presentation 2: Art for Wellness: Promoting Well-Being in Indian Reservation-Dwelling Preadolescent Children: Julie H. Alexander-Ruff, EdD, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC; Christine R. Hodgson, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC
- Presentation 3: Cancer Worry Among Urban Immigrant Dominican Women: A Qualitative study: Alsacia L. Sepulveda-Pacsi DNS,RN,CEN,CCRN,FNP
- Presentation 4: Project REACH: A multi-level, interdisciplinary approach to enhance student retention and success: Julie Kruse PhD, RN- Associate Professor & NWD Program Director; Joyce Litten EdD, MSSA, LISW- Associate Professor & NWD Social Work
10:30 ~ 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 ~ 11:15 a.m. Concurrent Session L ~ Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Presentation 1: “Social & Cultural Factors Influencing Depression and Suicide: a Comparison of the United States and the Philippines”: Drew Sagar RN, BSN, MS, PMHNP
- Presentation 2: Utilizing Lay Health Advisors as an Effective Strategy to Decrease the Incidence of Cervical Cancer among Hispanic/Latina Populations: Dr. Mary Ann Durant, DNP, MSN, RN, M.Ed. (Alvernia University); Dr. Vera C. Brancato, Ed.D., MSN, RN, CNE (Alvernia University); Dr. Theresa M. Adams, Ph.D., MSN, RN (Alvernia University, Professor Emeritus)
- Presentation 3: Nursing Theory: A Basis for Instrument Development Using Tappen's Concept Tree Approach: Mary Brigid Martin PhD, CNE, CTN-A, FNP-BC
- Presentation 4: Making a Difference: Ask a Buckeye Nurse Health Screening Data: Brian Salomons, BSN Honors Student, The Ohio State University; Elizabeth A Fitzgerald, EdD, RN, APRN-CNS, PMHCNS-BC, CTN-B, The Ohio State University
11:15 ~ 12:15 p.m. Break