46th Annual Conference Announcement!
Virtual Format ~ Zoom!
October 21-24, 2020
Poster presentations will be available online through December 1. 2020 Participants will receive a link to view poster presentations to the email address submitted during registration.
Please note that the posters list the presenters of the content. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants. Thank you!
- Latino Perspectives in Childhood Fever Management: A Focused Ethnography: Darlene E. Acorda, PhD, APRN, CNE, CPNP-PC; The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- Does Self-Efficacy Mediate the Relationship between Social Support and Psychological Distress among Jordanian Patients with Type 2 Diabetes?: Tariq N. Al-Dwaikat, RN, PhD, CHPE, Assistant Professor, Jordan University of Science and Technology Faculty of Nursing
- In Their Own Voices: Ethiopian Immigrant Women in the United States: Beth Desaretz Chiatti, PhD, RN, CTN-B, CSN, Drexel University
- Comforting in an International Crisis: Janet H. Davis, MSN,MBA,PhD,RN,CNE Purdue University, Northwest College of Nursing; Katrina Machtemes, Purdue University. Northwest College of Nursing, Senior Student
- Fostering Global Nursing Partnerships by Utilizing a Global Health Call/Assignment Among Senior Nursing Students: Barbara deRose, PhD, NP-C, Linda Sinclair, MSN, ONC
- Cultural Shift and Title IX: Balancing Students’ Rights to Justice: Carolyn M. Dolan, JD,MSN,FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, SANE-A
- “HIV knowledge and vulnerability among heterosexual African Caribbean Black (ACB) Men in Ontario, Canada”: Josephine Etowa PhD RM RN FWACN FAAN, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,
- Optimizing experiential learning to develop transcultural nurses: Beverly Byers EdD, RN, LMT, MTI, Lubbock Christian University Nursing Dept Professor Lubbock, TX; Paula Gannaway MLS, Med Lubbock Christian University Nursing Dept Research Librarian Lubbock, TX
- Supporting Culturally Safe Care through a Regulatory Lens: Stacy Harper, BScN, MHS, CCNE, RN College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Influencing Cultural Awareness of Nursing Students in a Study Abroad Nursing Course: Lessons Learned: Sondra Heaston, MS, NP-C, CEN, CNE; Sheri Palmer, RN, DNP, CNE, CTN-A; Petr Ruda, APRN, FNP-C; Karen de la Cruz, PhD, RN, CTN-A
- The Comparison of Calcium and Vitamin D Intake Among Middle Aged and Elderly Adults Between the U.S. and Taiwan: Hsiu-Hung Wang, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor, School of Nursing, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- Promoting Culturally Competent Care in Nursing Students: An Immersive Global Experience: Stacey L. Knight, DNP, RN, CNE, Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, USA; Cynthia Pipkins, PhD, RN, HNB-BC, Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, USA
- “Reflect and Connect: The Impact of a Culturally Competent workshop on University Student Health Centers Licensed Personnel”: Kori B. Lapham, DNP, FNP, BSN, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA – TCNS NE Research Award Recipient 2019; Krista White, PhD, RN, Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Minority Nursing Faculty Shortage: Dr. Yvette Lowery DNP, MSN/Ed., FNP-c, CCRN, CEN, PCCN
- Understanding Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of South Asian Immigrant Adolescents: A Community-Based Participatory Research: Salima Meherali, PhD, RN. Assistant Professor at University of Alberta Faculty of Nursing
- African Rationality and Nursing: MENYEÑE NDONGO Séraphine Clarisse SRN, BSN, MSN
- Patients’ Perception of Complementary and Alternative Treatment of Interstitial Cystitis: Lola Oyedele DNP, MSN, CTN-A, RN Assistant Professor, Nursing, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison NJ.
- Culturally Competent Care for the Female Muslim Patient in the Operating Room: Danielle Quintana MSN, RN, CNOR-E, PhD Student
- Measuring Knowledge and Attitudes of Pain in Older Adults among Culturally Diverse Nursing Students: Mohammad Rababa RN, PhD, Faculty of Nursing, Jordan University of Science and Technology
- Novant Health’s Approach to Overcoming Cross Cultural Communication Barriers at the Bedside: Ildiko Rabinowitz MSN, RN, CPN, CRRN, Transcultural Health Manager, Novant Health; Amee. P. Shah, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Associate Professor in Health Science & Director of the Cross-Cultural Speech, Language and Acoustics Laboratory, Stockton University
- A METHOD FOR DEVELOPING CULTURAL SENSITIVITY IN AMERICAN NURSING STUDENTS DURING STUDY ABROAD TRANSCULTURAL EXPERIENCES: Gaye Ray, MS, FNP-C, PH-C Associate Teaching Professor, Brigham Young University
- An Educational Intervention for Teachers Teaching, Managing and Caring for Students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in a Public Secondary School Setting: Lisa Schauseil DNP, M.Ed., FNP-BC; Susan Allen PhD, RN-BC
- Creation of an Interprofessional Education Program: Cultural and Patient/Family Centered Care of LGBTQ Youth and Their Parents: Jennifer Stephen MSN, RN, CPN; Cook Children’s Health Care System, Fort Worth, TX
- Promoting Culturally Congruent Spiritual Health in Older Adults: An Integrative Review: Karina E. Strange, BA, BSN, RN, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, College of Nursing; Sandra J. Mixer, PhD, RN, CTN-A, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, College of Nursing
- Cultural Competence Educational Intervention and Clinical Practice Change: Hannah Suchodolski BSN, RN; University of Michigan – Flint; Leslie Weisenberger BSN, RN; University of Michigan – Flint
- A Scoping Review of Anemia in Haiti: Implications to Culturally Congruent Nursing Care: Amy Swanson, SN, Brigham Young University; Marc-Aurel Martial, PhD, MPH, RN, Brigham Young University
- The Effect of Teach-Back Technique and Enhanced Appointment Reminder System on Patient Adherence to Follow-Up Appointment After Hospital Discharge: Melanie Quilla-Deza, DNP, RN, CNE, Xavier University; Susan Allen, PhD, RN-BC. Xavier University
- De-Centering Whiteness in The Classroom: preventing trauma to students of color while engaging white students in conversations on racism and health equity: Kyra C. Pappas MSN, RN Adjunct Prof in School of Nursing and Division of Social Science and Director of Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs at Warner Pacific University, Portland, OR.
- Indigenous Palliative Care in a Western Canadian Province: Exploring Access, Needs, and Challenges: Louise Racine RN PhD, Professor, University of Saskatchewan, College of Nursing; Susan Fowler-Kerry, RN PhD, University of Saskatchewan, College of Nursing
- Effectiveness of Culturally Tailored Diabetes Self-Management Educational Intervention and Improvement of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Outcomes in 3 Sub-Saharan African Countries: A Literature Review: Ihuoma Ezebuihe, MD, DNP, MS, MPH. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa; Dr. Norma Cuellar, PhD, RN, FAAN. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Advocating for American Indian/Alaskan Native Clients to Improve Health Outcomes and Enhance Quality of Life: Translating Clinical Experiences into Nursing Education: Summer Cross, Ph.D., APRN, FNP-BC, Assistant Professor of Nursing at Murray State University
- “Undergraduate Nursing Students Attitudes towards Eastern Medicine Practices following an Immersive Experience”: Daphne Thomas MSN, RN, CEN, CNML; Stacie Hunsaker MSN, RN, CEN, CNE, CNML
- “The Lived Experience of Undergraduate Health Professional Students Caring for Refugees in Athens, Greece”: Jessica Varghese PhD, RN; New York Institute of Technology; Mercy Joseph, PhD, ANP-C, RN; New York Institute of Technology
- The ABCs of LGBTQIA+ Healthcare: Empowering Nurses in Advocacy: Jeffrey Williams, DNP, APRN, CNS-AC, CCRN
- Transcultural Nursing and Breastfeeding: Dr. Latonya M. Thomas, DNP, BSN, RN