46th Annual Conference Announcement!
Virtual Online Format Delivered by Zoom!
Live Presentations and Recordings
(Recordings available until December 1, 2020)
ALL TIMES ARE BASED UPON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINALY FOR YOUR LOCAL TIME.
Each presentation is thirty minutes in length. There are five, thirty minute sessions in each concurrent breakout.
Sessions open the day indicated and recordings of each presentation are made available with links in you email address provided at registration.
Please note that the sessions list the presenters of the content. A full list of authors appears in the Book of Abstracts available to all conference participants.
Scholars Presentation - Friday, October 23, 2020 ~ 8:30 ~ 9:30 p.m. 9:30 ~ 9:45 a.m. Response & Discussion
10:00 ~ 10:30 a.m. Concurrent Session G ~ Friday, October 23, 2020
- Presentation 1: Transforming a Student Nurse’s Cultural Awareness of Veterans Care Through a Global Health Immersion Program: Tracy Dustin MSN-Ed, CNE, Brigham Young University, College of Nursing; Kent Blad DNP, FNP-c, ACNP-BC, FCCM, FAANP, Brigham Young University, College of Nursing
- Presentation 2: Human Trafficking: Evidence-Based, Trauma-Informed, Culturally Responsive Care in the Clinical Setting: Jessica L. Peck DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, CNE, CNL, FAANP
- Presentation 3: A Mixed-method Study Investigating Determinants of Anemia Outcomes in Rural Haitian Children: Marc-Aurel Martial, PhD, MPH, RN, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Presentation 4: “Creatively Bridging Gaps Using Telehealth in Serving a Refugee Centered Federally Qualified Medical Home as an Advanced Practice Nurse.”: Kathleen T. McCoy DNSc PMHNP-BC PMHCNS-BC FNP-BC FAANP
10:30 ~ 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 ~ 11:15 a.m. Concurrent Session H ~ Friday, October 23, 2020
- Presentation 1: Perceptions of Advance Care Planning in African American Cancer Patients: One Size Does Not Fit All: Jeannette Kates, PhD, APRN, AGPCNP-BC, GNP-BC; Clara Granda-Cameron, DrNP, ANP-BC, AOCN; Lisa Whitfield-Harris, DrNP, MBA, RN
- Presentation 2: Scholarship in Transcultural Nursing: A Revisit of the Boyer Model: Priscilla L. Sagar, EdD, RN, ACNS-BC, CTN-A, FAAN
- Presentation 3: Breast Cancer Knowledge, Attitudes, and Beliefs among Recent Islamic/Muslim Refugee Women in Canada: Louise Racine RN PhD, Professor, University of Saskatchewan, College of Nursing; Susan Fowler-Kerry, RN PhD, University of Saskatchewan, College of Nursing
- Presentation 4: Using the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) to Enhance Cultural Competency in Nurse Practitioner Education: LaWanda Baskin, PhD, FNP-C The University of Southern Mississippi; Marti Jordan, PhD, FNP-BC The University of Southern Mississippi; Lisa Morgan, DNP, FNP-BC The University of Southern Mississippi
11:15 ~ 12:15 p.m. Break
12:15 ~ 12:45 p.m. Concurrent Session I ~ Friday, October 23, 2020
- Presentation 1: Community-Based Participatory Research: Building Leadership Among Micronesian Islander Parents - Perceptions and Experiences with Prenatal Healthcare and Children Health Through Storytelling: Connie Kim Yen Nguyen-Truong, PhD, RN, Alumnus PCCN, Washington State University College of Nursing in Vancouver
- Presentation 2: Graphic Novelas for Older Adults: Culture, Community Partnerships, and Theory: Deborah K Williams, PhD, MPH, RN; Lorraine M Martin Plank, PhD, FNP-BC, NP-C, GNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP
- Presentation 3: Searching for content on Female Genital Cutting / Mutilation in Curriculums of U.S. Nursing Schools: Jo Ann Donnenwirth, EdD Aultman College of Nursing, Canton, OH; Rosanna F. Hess, DNP, Malone University School of Nursing, Canton, OH; Lora L. Wyss, PhD, Malone University School of Nursing, Canton, OH
- Presentation 4: Exploring Factors Linked to Weight Status in Salvadoran: Carmen M. Kiraly, PhD, RN, APRN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus, NY
12:45 ~ 1:00 p.m. Break
1:00 ~ 1:30 p.m. Concurrent Session J ~ Friday, October 23, 2020
- Presentation 1: Social Factors That Exacerbate Features Of Borderline Personality Disorder In Young Adult Women Between 25 and 35 Years Of Age Living In The Commonwealth Of Puerto Rico: Erika M Carrasquillo Melendez
- Presentation 2: The experiences of transgender men in seeking gynecological and reproductive healthcare: Results from a qualitative systematic review: Dr. Julia Sbragia DNP ACCNS-AG RN Indiana Center for Evidence Based Nursing Practice
- Presentation 3: Older Migrants Hospitalized in Department of Geriatric During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Qualitative Explorative Study”: Dorthe S. Nielsen, Professor in Vulnerability, Migrant Health Clinic, Odense University Hospital, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark
- Presentation 4: The Influence of the Oncology Focused Transgender Simulated Patient Simulation on Nursing Students Cultural Competence Development: Eda Ozkara San, PhD, MBA, RN. CHSE – NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
1:30 ~ End of Day 3 ~ Evaluations Completed Online