Re-Certification Requirements (CTN-B)
|CTN-B Eligibility Criteria for Re-certification
1. Hold a current, active, unrestricted RN license in a state or territory of the United States or the professional, legally recognized
equivalent in another country.
2. Hold a master’s, post-master’s, or doctorate in nursing, education, philosophy, or related field from a program accredited by the
Collegiate Commission of Nursing (CCNE or NLNAC) if the school is in the U.S.; or legally recognized equivalent in another country.
3. Currently employed or self-employed in nursing, either full or part-time, at the time of application.
4. Completed at least one course (didactic and/or clinical) in cultural diversity and promotion of cultural competence for a minimum
of 3 credits (or equivalent of 42 Continuing Education Contact Hours/Units).
5. Completed 2400 hours of transcultural nursing practice as a registered nurse in administrative, teaching, research, or clinical
capacity, either full or part-time prior to submitting application.
All eligibility criteria must be completed within the previous five years and prior to submission of the re-